[P1] Ibook combo drive cannot read SuperDrive created DVD-Rs???

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed May 14 02:51:16 PDT 2003

>>> Surprise ... I tried to read a DVDR someone copied me stuff on (from
>>> his
>>> apple iMac) .. And my 500 Mhz Icebook / combodrive / OSX 10.2.6 just
>>> spits
>>> the DVDR right out ...

Have you ruled out the possibility that the DVDR is a coaster and
verified that your drive works with other DVDRs and verified that his
drive can read the DVDR and that other Macs can read the disk?

---
Using a Merlin C201 Sprint Wireless Modem Card in a Titanium Powerbook
G4 and getting 123.1 kilobits per second downloads...almost 4X faster
than dialup. The salesman said it wouldn't work in a Mac...

JackRodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.JackRodgers.com

http://www.LobateLacScale.com