[P1] DSL modem woes in Kuwait

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Mon May 19 08:18:57 PDT 2003

On Monday, May 19, 2003, at 01:06  AM, andy wrote:

> As I'm sure Jack can attest, just because they say it won't work with
> a Mac dosen't
> mean it's true.

Yep.

When the Bell South installer finally arrived to install my DSL, I
faced the same problem described by the original poster.

All you need is to be able to connect to a properly install modem. If
necessary, borrow a windows machine.

The Mac provides all of the networking choices and you just have to
fill them in.

There may be an issue with using the ethernet card number but you can
find that in Apple System Profiler.

---
Using a Merlin C201 Sprint Wireless Modem Card in a Titanium Powerbook
G4 and getting 123.1 kilobits per second downloads...almost 4X faster
than dialup. The salesman said it wouldn't work in a Mac...

JackRodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.JackRodgers.com
http://www.LobateLacScale.com