[P1] memory problem

Fran Dollinger fran at dollingers.com
Wed May 21 08:02:16 PDT 2003

>>Factory installed?
>>

>Yes.

That's where it came from, the factory. It was the additional 128MB that
was in my Mother's 800MHz that she ordered online through the Apple Store.

>>And would that piece not be compatible in a 600MHz?
>>

>Yes, it would. Or at least, it should be...

After I first installed that RAM was when the "Fan Episode" began. But
even after removing it the 'fan thing' kept on happening....that's why I
was wondering if it could have caused any sort of damage....

Fran

P.S.  I put a new PRAM in this 7300 less than a year ago and it is still
doing flaky things occasionally...I zapped it a few weeks ago, maybe she
needs it again....

--
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom.
--Theodore Isaac Rubin