Burning a bootable OS 9 CD w/ OS X

Joe Dombrowski jadombro at attbi.com
Sat May 24 10:39:04 PDT 2003

I need to make a back up copy of an OS 9 install CD for my older Macs.
When I make a disk image of the CD and then burn it, all appears to go
well.  The "Startup Disk" panel within System Preference recognizes the
CD as a bootable disk.  However, when I choose the CD as the startup
disk and restart I get the flashing "?" and then it reverts to OS X.
Likewise, holding down the option key on restart does not give the CD
as a bootable option.  Is this because the iBook needs 9.2 or higher to
boot or am I missing something obvious.  My older Macs are packed away
right now so I'm unable to test the CD on them.

iBook 800
OS 10.2.6

Joe Dombrowski
jadombro at attbi.com