[P1] iPaq h54540 and a Mac

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Sat May 24 12:21:29 PDT 2003

On Saturday, May 24, 2003, at 11:16  AM, Robert Crawford wrote:

> I was really considering PocketMac, what was the trouble that you had
> with it? the biggest trouble I see is in installing software (that
> will always be a bit of a bear with windows based installers).

Virtual PC with your choice of Windows OS, I chose XP Pro, is a good
option. I find that Active Sync under VPC and XP works perfectly with
no hassles, other than those I cause. And it really is 'active' since
if I change a record in a Filemaker database I've synced with FMP
Mobile or a date in a calendar or contact, etc., if the 5450 is
connected, active sync updates both ways immediately.

Plus you get to use other neat software not available on the Mac such
as Pocket Streets and MS Streets, etc. DeLorme is available on the Mac
but it is very low quality.

---
Using a Merlin C201 Sprint Wireless Modem Card in a Titanium Powerbook
G4 and getting 123.1 kilobits per second downloads...almost 4X faster
than dialup. The salesman said it wouldn't work in a Mac...

JackRodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.JackRodgers.com
http://www.LobateLacScale.com