[OT] Palm Question (a little long)

tinman heart93 at woh.rr.com
Sat May 24 17:38:43 PDT 2003

Hi all,

Sorry for the cross posting, but I wanted to access as many responses as
possible. I am considering getting a Palm Pilot for work, but know very
little about them. Therefore, I thought I would look for advice from some of
the more knowledgeable members of the list.

I am interested in something in the mid-range (around $200) and don't need
things like a phone, camera, access to my email, etc. I am largely
interested in using it for scheduling & address purposes. Specifically, I
would like to be able to sync it with both my & my secretary's computer to
help facilitate scheduling. She has a G4 iMac & I have a PowerBook (both
running 9.2.2). Would I just require the one cradle to sync it with my
computer & then she could check it / update on her iMac via the network? Can
anyone recommend a specific model (and where I can get the best deal),
comment on ease of use, reliability, or other tips related to my idea?
Finally (and this wouldn't be as important), would I also be able to sync it
with my G4 iMac at home which is running 10.2.6?

Sorry for the long post, but I'm sure you can tell I'm looking to learn, as
I know very little now. If there is a better place to find this information,
please point me in the right direction. Additionally, feel free to email me
directly to avoid cluttering the lists.
heart93 at woh.rr.com

Admit nothing
Deny everything