[P1] Mail won't work with Panther

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Sun Nov 2 19:20:53 PST 2003

> I just installed Panther on my iBook. Apple's Mail won't work now. No
> command-key combo will work, not command-Q, H or M. I can't type
> ANYTHING into an address field. (I'm sending this from Mozilla) I've
> repaired permissions, deleted caches and deleted the Mail preference.
> Nothing has helped. Anyone heard of this problem?

Is it that you can't get it to open, or you can't do anything with it
once it is open? I was thinking perhaps your Mailbox files have become
corrupted, or need to be rebuilt, if you can do that through the Mail
menu. If you can't launch it at all, the only thing I can think of is
you might try reinstalling Mail from the CDs, if you can find where it
is.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net