OT: Canon Scanner (was How to apply for lawsuit settlement? & Panther on 366)

David Crump davecrump at mac.com
Mon Nov 3 08:23:29 PST 2003

<snip>
I just had a look....what a deal! I love my Canon scanner, but it's a
whole lot bigger and takes more landscape and the inclusion of PE2 is a
real deal!
</snip>

The thing that bugs me about Canon and their scanners is the crappy OS X support for some of the models.  If you look at Canon's website, they list 3 consumer photo scanners, the LiDE 20, 30 and the 50 (which has been discussed here).
They all list native OS X support, but if you look closely, the two cheaper models (LiDE 20 and 30) require Photoshop 7 for OS X native support.  How many people shopping for a cheap scanner are going to have, or want Photoshop 7?
I love my Canon Cameras and scanner, but this mediocre Mac support is frustrating.
Sorry about the rant.