[P1] I'm bursting with excitement

Kim Gammelgaard kgani at mac.com
Wed Nov 5 14:22:58 PST 2003

Cool!

Get Panther for Speed and a lot better functionality than 10.1 or at least
get the update to 10.1.5 from
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/macosxcomboupdate_10_1_5.html

I am running 10.1.5 on a beige 233/64 MB workhorse serv er here, and it is
fairly stable (currently 170 days uptime :-)) It is not nearly as polished
or fast as neither 10.2(Jaguar) nor 10.3(Panther), but it does its job. A
lot of software is written specifically for the newer OS's, so it is not
sure that everything will work for you.

On Power management you rely on Apple's built-in, and it is okay, AFAIR.

For other software, have a look at <http://www.versiontracker.com> or
<http://www.macupdate.com> which are both reliable sources.

Great to hear that you are up and running, though!

Cheers,

Kim