[P1] bad AppleCare experience on video repair

Mike Beede beede at visi.com
Sat Oct 4 19:38:33 PDT 2003

On Thursday, Oct 2, 2003, at 13:20 US/Central, William L Carr wrote:

> On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 01:29  PM, Tom R. no spam wrote:
>
>> It's not the resolutions flash, it is before that flash.
>> It wouldn't seem to be static, it happens anywhere, including
>> at the AppleStore, on their corian counter (with technicians
>> observing).
>
> Well, Corian isn't conductive and therefore is a poor ground.
> Maybe your machine is just more susceptible.     I think from
> recalling my Digital Electronics college courses that this could be
> random noise of some kind.

If it happens at the same time each reboot it isn't static.  I
reserve the right to change this opinion if I find that you
wear a cat skin vest and rub amber rods on your arms when
you're nervous or happen to work in the Nikola Tesla Museum
or something like that.  But I'd expect static problems to
occur when you touch the machine, not at a certain time during
the boot.

If Apple doesn't want to fix it, I'd keep on them like white on
rice, especially if they took three tries to fix your earlier
problem.  Lots of times it seems to depend on who you get on the
phone when you call.  Maybe if you call again you'll get someone
who's more sympathetic and/or concerned with customer service.

Good luck.

	Mike