[P1] OS9 compatibility on latest models?

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Fri Oct 10 10:34:46 PDT 2003

A new PBG4 alBook I bought a couple of weeks ago had only a DVD
with OSX and something like "Classic compatibility", which there
was trouble with installing after I partitioned the HD and was
doing a reinstall.  You have to install OSX 1st, then the Classic
stuff.  Per apple Tech Supp, it is not a bootable OS9 install,
just a (full) Classic-in-X.

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Small Moose Ltd wrote:

> Just wondering... In a hypothetical situation if I were to purchase the
> latest iBook, would it still have OS9 on it? If not, would it be a simple
> case of me needing to buy an OS9 disc, or is there some sort of physical
> block on the machine that would prevent me booting OS9 on it?
 . . .