sudden long "sleep"-unconscious!

Donald Hinkle donhinkle at att.net
Fri Oct 10 09:39:38 PDT 2003

I left my iBook alone for a couple hours with the telephone line
connected and plugged in to power.
When I returned, it was dark, no blinking "sleep" light. I fiddled with
it and pressed the power button a couple times. Zilch. I prayed, laid
hands on, removed the battery and reinserted it, then pressed the power
button firmly again. It started, and went through a long time on the
initial screen with that little gear thingy turning, and then finally
came up seemingly okay.
I'm going to restart from Disk Warrior and run that, but it seems I'd
been passingly noticing some other notices about that kind of behavior
herein and wonder if there's any consensus about the cause/cure?
thanks,

donald henry hinkle
-------------------------------------
Author of OKLAHOMA, a brief story about a state, ISBN 0-7660-5138-2,
and RONALD REAGAN, a biography of the 40th President of the USA, ISBN
0-7660-5112-9, both published in 2003 by Enslow. Also, check out
http://villagedit.home.att.net

-don hinkle
"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his
hands and his brain is a craftsman; but a man who works with his hands
and his brain and his heart is an artist." - Louis Nizer, English
Lawyer. Check out http://villagedit.home.att.net