[P1] Panther OS 10.3

Peter Nacken caipirina at mac.com
Fri Oct 10 22:18:09 PDT 2003

Sounds like what I have ... I am testflying Panther on my 500 mhz dual USB
.. And while graphics are not as snazzy as they could be for things like
expose or fast user switching, all in all I love it and I cannot wait to put
the final version on my TiBook ...

Finder is great, the search feels very quick .. It starts searching while
you are typing .. Not waiting for hitting enter ...

Expose is great and very useful and I have never seen anythinjg like it
before ...

The DVD player seems to be new and has a great "shall I play disk from last
spot" feature, which is great fro skipping all those FBI warnings ... I also
like that in finder there is an eject button right next to things like ipod
and CD / DVDs .. So . No dragging to trash for ejecting (which of course
still works) ...

Keeping in mind that iChat AV is becoming a 29$ pay-ware, which is included
in Panther AFAIK ... I think it is .. Well .. Not really ok .. But .. Well
.. Times that stuff is free are over ...

I also wonder what the next MAJOR upgrade would be called .. There are only
so many wild cats out there (our cat Misha being one of them, she whacked my
nose last night ... Feel free to laugh at me over at nacken.blogspot.com)
.. OS 11 sounds weird .. OSX2 sounds like an Xmen 2 tie in ..

Don;t know ... Maybe something new ... "Power OS" "Crème de la crème OS" "OS
Heaven" "OSX 10.9.9.9.9.9.9"

Well .. In 5 years we are all smarter

Cheers ...

P in Fiji