[P1] 1+1=3

e.mkeene e.mkeene at wap.org
Fri Oct 10 22:30:21 PDT 2003

>  Later I looked where I had put the screws (right where the
> CD slot is), and there were three identical screws. I ejected the CD
> tray and couldn't see any missing screws, although one of the tray
> slides is just a little loose now.
>
> Any idea where this extra screw came from?

Repeat after me 50 times, "Putting screws anywhere in the ibook ( or
other computers) is a VERY BAD IDEA. As one person reported, losing a
screw in an ibook can cost as much as $350 to remove it so it doesn't
damage or short out any components. ALWAYS have a sazfe place outside
the computer where you can place the screws in the order in which they
were removed and where they won't get spilled if someone knocks the
container over. Empty pill bottle or boxes are ideal for this. Get a
seven day pill box the next time you are at a Dollar store and use it
to isolate each type of screw and label where it came from. Much
cheaper and less nerve-racking when things go wrong.

Mac Computer Show and Sale December 13th
Info at www.wap.org