[P1] iBook and DVD movies

Michael Adams bulk at michaeladams.org
Sat Oct 11 19:25:29 PDT 2003

Ken Anderson wrote:

> Question #1 - I am taking a trip in the near future and want to use my
> iBook for my own "in flight movie".  What are some things I can do to
> make sure I get the longest battery life out of it in these
> conditions?  I do have headphones so as not to disturb my neighbors
> and run at a lower volume.  I've never use my Book for this before and
> am unsure what to expect.

You should have no problem watching an entire DVD on one charge. You
could try reducing the brightness of the screen to save juice, but it
isn't critical.

> Question #2 - Are the sizes of the movie able to be changed beyond
> what is offered in the menus or are we limited to whatever the disk
> plays and or the player decodes?

Not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean the size the movie plays back
at? If so, yes, this can be changed, but I believe the only options are
full screen, in a window at 100% and then in a window at 50%. IIRC
smaller sizes take less cpu to decode.

--Michael.