[P1] Why...might be OT

Paul Bernhardt pbern10 at xmission.com
Wed Oct 29 09:13:09 PST 2003

No. ending in ".doc" is for Word files... change the file name to end
in ".xls" and you should be able to get it to open in Excel... silly,
yes, for us old Mac heads who remember the good old days when a program
knew what was supposed to open it by internal mechanisms... easily the
worst mistake of OSX was losing that feature.

Paul