internet boots in os 9.2 but not osx

Daniel Lishner danlishner at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 1 12:02:21 PDT 2003

Can anyone help me? my upgraded ibook (366 mhz, se,
claamshell with osx jaguar) gets "specified server not
found" errors on both ie and safari in osx. although i
can log on perfectly with my cable modem in classic
9.2. I'm stumped.
thanks in advance for your help
dan

--- iBook List <ibook at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

<http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/iBookListFAQ.shtml>

> [...]

>                 |  iBook News, Features, Reviews &
> More.
>
>   RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail
> stores, $20 Traveler
>   CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at
> <http://roadtools.com>
>
> MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook
> 3400/200 Only $879!
> Norton AntiVirus 6 Only $19! We Stock PARTS!
> <http://www.macresq.com>
> ----------

> Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 20:51:23 -0500
> Subject: Re: [P1] Migrating to a new mac
> From: Barry Lyden <blyden at mac.com>
>
> Don,
>
> I can't think of any disruptions that should cause.
> They are just=20
> files. However, what I don't know is whether iphoto
> will pick up the=20
> new images into its library automatically just by
> placing the photo in=20=
>
> the proper iphoto location. You may still have to
> "import" each photo=20
> to get it to appear in the library. Then again,
> maybe you weren't=20
> expecting it to work like this anyway. :-) Perhaps a
> more knowledgeable=20=
>
> iphoto user can say for sure?
>
> Once you're convinced all is correct on the imac
> (and you have a good=20
> backup!), then you  can safely delete the photos on
> the ibook.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Barry
>

> On Sunday, August 31, 2003, at 07:58  PM, don hinkle
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks, what I'm wondering is whether I can drag
> the photos from the=20=
>
> > iBook at <user's home directory>/pictures/iphoto
> library" into the=20
> > same location on the iMac, without causing any
> disruptions or upsets=20=
>
> > in the iMac?
> >   And probably I should then Delete them within
> iPhoto on the iBook.
> > -??
> > -don
> >

> > Barry Lyden wrote:
> >
> >> No, you don't have to export them. Files in OS X
> (from the mac user=20=
>
> >> interface point of view) should not really look
> any different than in=20=
>
> >> OS 9.  In the UNIX command line interface, yes,
> things can look=20
> >> different and intimidating, until you get
> familiar with it. :-)
> >> I drag and drop photos between my ibook and my
> windows server via=20
> >> ethernet all the time. If you move a photo to
> another mac, I believe=20=
>
> >> you can just use iphoto's import feature to
> inlcude it into the=20
> >> iphoto library on the new mac.
> >> So long as you know where the files are actually
> stored on the disk,=20=
>
> >> you should not have a problem. The default
> storage location for OS X=20=
>
> >> iphoto is <user's home directory>/pictures/iphoto
> library" if I'm not=20=
>
> >> mistaken. Just don't forget where you put the

=== message truncated ===