[P1] Internet Radio

Joe Jones joham at jo-ham.com
Mon Sep 1 12:33:56 PDT 2003

If the station is using the nasty Windows Media 9 format then you won't
be able to play them on a Mac (or any non Winblows machine). The
version of Windows Media Player for the Mac is one behind the PC, and
crucially, doesn't support the new format, deliberately so (it would be
trivial to add the new codec). Microsloth wants control, and what
better way than to make a format that will only play on Windoze.

If you have a real media or an mp3 stream you can save it to disk using
one of several stream rippers - there should be a few on
versiontracker.com

Joe

If it's an mp3 stream then iTunes will play it.