[P1] Migrating to a new mac

david davidwb at spymac.com
Wed Sep 3 09:45:03 PDT 2003

On 9/3/03 12:38 AM, "Ben Ing" <vbing at mac.com> wrote:

> Actually, according to most of the reading that I have done, OS-X is
> supposed to be using the same installation regardless of the hardware.
> I have loaded a Mac OS-X system on my iPod and have booted various
> computers (white and clamshell iBooks, Beige, B&W Mac, Cube) and not
> have had any problems (I installed the system by cloning a new
> clamshell install).

I *think* you are right BUT with some machines using Gforce and others ATI,
with various optical drives in use etc I just don't want to take the chance.
But I have done exactly as you stated in a few emergency situations and
followed up later with a system install.

david

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by frost.

davidwb at spymac.com