Airport File Sharing, iBook-to-iBook

Richard J Laue rjlaue.lists at verizon.net
Fri Sep 5 09:53:11 PDT 2003

Hi, everyone -

I need a quick "getting started" tutorial.  I have a 600mhz iBook
with Airport card, and a friend has just bought an 800mhz, also with
Airport card.  Neither of us has an Airport base station.

What's the quickest and simplest way to set up our machines to trade
a bunch of files?  I know we can designate one of our machines as a
"base station," but beyond that I'm kind of lost.

I know how to connect our machines via ethernet or via
firewire-disk-mode, but it's time I learned how to do the Airport
thing.

I've looked in the Mac Help guide, but it seems to address internet
sharing and doesn't say anything about just file sharing.

Thanks -
RJLaue