[P1] duplicate iTunes

Kim Gammelgaard kgani at mac.com
Sun Sep 14 16:46:23 PDT 2003

Hi Don,

I'll try to answer in the text:

On 14/09/03 14:03, "don hinkle" <donhinkle at att.net> wrote:

> I have two iTunes folders on my HD. One in OS 9 and one in X.
> Both add up to about 700MB, and I'd like to get rid of the one in 9.
> Is it ok just to trash/delete it, or is there something I should be
> careful of?

If you are sure that you have all the music in your OSX folder, just go
ahead and delete the OS9-folder. If you want to be absolutely sure, you
could dropstuff it first and see if all your tunes play well in OSX

> 2. I have two Documents folders: one in OS 9 that has most of my stuff
> in it, the other in X, under my User folder, my name, then a few new
> items. I can't stand having all that material "buried" so far in the
> hierarchy of folders. Can I a) move all my material from the OS9 folder
> to the new X documents folder, and then move that folder wherever I want
> it? Or does X demand it be under my User name?

> Since I'm the only one using my computer, it seems silly to have to bury
> stuff under my user name.
>
> watcha think?

If I were you, I would move everything to your OSX documents folder. That
way you have only one place to backup, and it is in your "home". There is a
neato trick to click on your desktop and press cmd-arrow-up to get you to
your home folder in the Finder.  Another way to get to your home fast is to
set your finder settings always to open in your home folder. That way you
have access to your files only and not to any system files you don't need to
look at.

Cheers,

Kim