[P1] duplicate iTunes

Wiebe Wilbers wiebe at insysco.net.au
Sun Sep 14 20:17:53 PDT 2003

On 14/9/03 10:03 PM, "don hinkle" <donhinkle at att.net> wrote:

> I have two iTunes folders on my HD. One in OS 9 and one in X.
> Both add up to about 700MB, and I'd like to get rid of the one in 9.
> Is it ok just to trash/delete it, or is there something I should be
> careful of?

What you could try, is adding the files in your OS9 iTunes to the play list
in OSX. Then, hit 'consolidate library' and it will move what it needs to to
have everything in the same place. Then delete the OS 9 folder.

If you know you have 2 identical folders, one for iTunes OS 9 and one for OS
X, then you can delete the 9 folder without any worries.

> 2. I have two Documents folders: one in OS 9 that has most of my stuff
> in it, the other in X, under my User folder, my name, then a few new
> items. I can't stand having all that material "buried" so far in the
> hierarchy of folders. Can I a) move all my material from the OS9 folder
> to the new X documents folder, and then move that folder wherever I want
> it? Or does X demand it be under my User name?

I think you have to leave it where it is, but there is no reason you can't
add an alias where ever you want. I have my most commonly used folders as
icons at the top of every window, you know, next to the 'back', 'view', etc
buttons.

Wiebe