[P1] PDF file question: PLEASE HELP

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 16 16:47:42 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 16, 2003, at 05:26  PM, Paul Miller wrote:

> This kind-of follows the same thread re PDF file creation from a few
> days ago.  I also have tried creating a PDF via the print function in
> OsX for my scans of magazine and journal articles (text and photo) but
> they look horribly pixellated.  The original scan is fine (can save to
> jpeg, tiff, doc depending on the type of scan- using a HP G55, by the
> way) via simpletext/preview or quicktime picture reader.  Open up the
> newly saved OsX generated PDF with Acrobat Reader and it looks like
> CRAP.

OS X's pdf function lacks the fine touches of an Acrobat Distiller file.

Maybe the file type that you are printing is the villain. Try saving
the file to a correctly sized jpeg via Photoshop or Graphic Converter
or other appl. Then print the jpeg file. Maybe GIF would be better so
try both.

You don't say what application you are using to print the file, that
may be important.

---
Free DVD about 9-11: “Up From Zero” is a documentary film that pays
tribute to the brave men and women of the New York City building trades
who put themselves on the line on September 11, 2001 – and for nine
months afterward – to reclaim Ground Zero.
<http://www.dol.gov/opa/dvd/>