[P1] Sony Mavica CD500 question...PLEASE HELP!

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 16 16:52:12 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 16, 2003, at 05:09  PM, Paul Miller wrote:

> I have a CD500 that makes pictures and mpeg files and burns them to
> the small format CD.  The camera syncs with iPhoto easily via USB.
> The CDs cannot be read by the iBook's drive so USB is the ONLY option
> with macs.  ( I have the CD as archives only).  I need a solution for
> pulling mpegs off the CD (obviously iPhoto doesn't address this).  I
> haven't found anyway to download them to the computer and I don't
> really want to deal with Virtual PC if possible.  Has anyone
> experienced the same issue?  Has anyone found a solution?

Since you will only be able to get at the images via USB, try Image
Capture. Open the appl and try various settings for downloads such as
Image Capture and locate and select iMovie, as a try and even
Quicktime...

Also, once you connect via usb, the camera should open as a hard drive
and you can drag and drop the files on it. Look for the icon of your
camera.

---
Free DVD about 9-11: “Up From Zero” is a documentary film that pays
tribute to the brave men and women of the New York City building trades
who put themselves on the line on September 11, 2001 – and for nine
months afterward – to reclaim Ground Zero.
<http://www.dol.gov/opa/dvd/>