[P1] Fruitmenu

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 22 11:41:38 PDT 2003

On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 01:25  PM, Small Moose Ltd wrote:

> I'm not 100% sure, but I think Fruitmenu is an OSX version of an
> application
> called Finderpop that was available on the OS8 and OS9 platforms. Its
> not a
> direct version or anything, simply that there wasn't anything like
> Finderpop
> available for OSX until Fruitmenu came out.

Fruitmenu, as its name suggests, offers the ability to recreate the
Apple Menu under the Blue Apple which Apple provides unmodifiable.
There may be features in it I have not tried but it makes an excellent
clone of the OS 9 Apple Menu using a control panel window rather than a
folder in the System Folder:Apple Menu folder.

It provides most of the apple menu folder features and I find it faster
and easier than reverting to the Finder window or the dock. Mileage may
vary, of course.

Try it. You might like it...

---
http://j-walk.com/blog/ digested: BMG is testing a new form of DRM in
the US. DRM prevents and restricts copy music files. The snag is that
the discs are unprotected and can be copied ad infinitum. The
developers are looking to fix this.   :)

<http://www.JackRodgers.com>
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>
JackRodgers at earthlink.net