[P1] External Burner

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Mon Sep 22 14:20:43 PDT 2003

patdart wrote the following:

> I have an external LaCie burner.  I can't get it to work with my
> 'books, and one of them doesn't have an internal burner, so I need it
> to work.  I can't even see it to burn to...can anyone give me any
> hints?  I have written LaCie about it, but there must be a way to make
> it see it.  I am not trying to use my Toast Titatinum on it, just the
> software which came with it which is a Toast limited program.  But,
> when I use OSX, it just won't burn at all.  In fact, it doesn't see it
> at all.

Is there a reason that you do not want to use Toast Titanium with the
burner? Check with Toast Titanium if in the menu bar under Recorder/recorder
info... does the LaCie shows up in the pull down button? If not with the
burner attached and using its own power supply (you don't mention if its
connected to the USB or Firewire port and be sure that it is turned on?)
restart Toast and check again, if it then doesn't show try clicking on
rescan button to see if it finds it then...

If this still doesn't help...

Have you checked the Roxio site to see if the burner is compatible with
Toast Titanium? (better chance than the limited version you are trying)

> Any help out there?

If not help then sympathy :-)

> Pat, the pest

Not at all...

Cheers,

Richard

P.S.
Concerning your other post about London visit...

For the 'village' of London I assume you mean London, England? If so then
for a slightly different view of the normal sights check out the 'London
Walks' brochure available at most Underground stations along with the usual
schedules and other programs...very entertaining and informative and best of
all costs only 5 quid!