[P1] OS X 10.2.8 Update Deleted

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 24 06:57:57 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 08:41  AM, Fred Stevens K2FRD
wrote:

> No more OS X 10.2.8 update either. I wasn't aware of this update until
> your message, Jack, but when I clicked onto Software Update, it didn't
> come up, so I did a MacGoogle Search and it came up in several places.
> However, when I tried to check it out, the site either didn't exist or
> an Apple statement said that the 10.2.8 update is "temporarily
> unavailable". Must be the update needed updating.

As usual some folks are having problems but since it was removed by
Apple this would appear to be more than their having a lot of junk and
such on their computers. After my chattering session this am I would
think there was a directory problem caused by the update. Apple really
should, if it isn't already unknown to me, fix permissions and do an
fsck and such after the update. Apple might also buy Diskwarrior and
incorporate the directory rebuild into  OS X. Or at least supply it
with OS X as it is one of the most valuable bits of third party
software I own.

---
What happens to privacy and personal info as more and more American
corporations outsource the data processing to foreign countries where
our laws do not protect us?

<http://www.JackRodgers.com>
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>
JackRodgers at earthlink.net