[P1] Timbuktu

Gabriel soporte at infomac.com.mx
Mon Apr 12 10:17:10 PDT 2004

May,

I am an everyday Timbuktu User in both ways with Windows and Macs (OS 9 and
X). My actual connnection is a DSL with PPPoE too, but has worked fine so
far. The way I work with them is setting up a password on the remote
computer and that way you don't have to ask for permision and could work
better.

The only setting you can make sure should checked is in the Timbuktu Menu
"TCP/IP Incoming acces"

For setting up a user go to the Setup/Define Users and create a New user
with all the setting checked and defining a password.

This User Name and Password should be known from the remote part for
accesing.

Is just another option for trying it. It should not be a problem for making
it work... I also have Panther and Timbuktu 7.01 with an iBook.

Regards,

Gabriel