iBook Keyboard Marking The Screen

Tom tom at heartfire.com
Wed Apr 21 17:06:25 PDT 2004

I just bought a G3 900 MHz iBook and I¹m still within the warranty period.
The problem is that the keyboard is marking up the screen. It leaves little
scratches where the keyboard touches the screen when it¹s closed. I¹ve
double checked to be sure that the keyboard is properly seated and that the
airport card underneath is seated correctly and not raising the keyboard.

Has anyone else had this problem? Are these key marks on the screen normal
or typical? I can¹t help but think they will get worse the more I use the
iBook. Should I try to get this fixed before the warranty is up?

Thanks,

Tom Margrave