[P1] Hard disk crash file recovery

Scott Warren sw at shelton.org
Fri Aug 6 10:50:25 PDT 2004

If it truly is a head crash, and thats tough to tell with out knowing
what you are looking for, then each time you power up the hard drive,
you run the risk of damaging more data on the disk.  If the drive head
just failed, then no worries, but if its loose or something, it could
be scratching the hard drive surface.

I do not know for sure but I would bet if you have a company try to
recover your data, it does not void the warranty.  I would think the
manufacturer has something on their website about their policy with
data recovery.

A quick Google for "Canada Hard Drive Recovery" showed
www.vitaldata.ca  and  www.xordata.com but I have not used either of
these companies (being in Texas).  We spent around $800 getting a hard
drive recovered and thats cheap...