[iBook] Cookies

Scott Warren sw at shelton.org
Tue Dec 14 07:16:53 PST 2004

When I delete all my cookies, my pants fit better.... <hehe>

Cookies are mainly for webpages to "remember" stuff about you.
Deleteing them just means that any webpage you visited won't know you
when you get there (not a bad thing).  Example:  Go to www.google.com
and under the preferences, you can set where it shows you 100 search
results instead of the default 10, and you can open results in a new
window.  Those preferences are saved to a cookie file.  Delete you
cookies and its back to default.  They will also store any of those
"log me in automatically" passwords you might use on websites.

Spam filters are the only way to automatically move your spam, but it
will not reduce the spam you get, its just moved somewhere else.  Only
a new email address will rid yourself of spam... until the spammers get
ahold of that one also....