[iBook] DVD Player - boost volume?

Tom Legare Tom.Legare at comcast.net
Sun Dec 19 17:02:00 PST 2004

Hi Folks,

The DVD playing on my iBook 500 has always been, in my opinion, a bit
quiet for volume, even when the iBook's volume is set on maximum.  Now
for QuickTime movies it is a different story... By using SHIFT + Volume
slider I can get greater maximum volume.  But for DVD Player (current
version is 4.0, right?) it has always been less than satisfactory if the
environment is the least bit noisy, whether using external speakers or
headphones.

I've heard others having the same complaint going back to when the Dual
USB iBooks were first launched.

Has anyone come up with any creative solutions, or perhaps alternative
DVD movie players that offer better volume control?

Thanks,

Tom