[iBook] ethernet port out

B G briang113 at pacbell.net
Thu Dec 23 08:56:50 PST 2004

If you can connect via airport but not the wired port is sounds like
hardware, assuming the setting are correct for your wired ethernet.
Remember you can only use Appletalk on one port at a time so you must
disable it on the wireless to make it work on the wired port.

The first thing to do is try a different cable or test the cable you
are using on another machine. The cables do fail it has happened to me
a few times.

After that if it is still not working try Network Utilities , see if
you can ping or be pinged.

Good luck

BG