[iBook] crashes/nikon software

Robert Newman rlnewmanitools at mac.com
Thu Dec 23 18:20:13 PST 2004

Larry Kollar wrote:

> larry Zasitko wrote:
>
>> ... I bought a Casio 4megapixel and the software that came with it
>> did the same thing, crash all the time. In the end I wiped all their
>> software and iPhoto found the camera and worked without anything else.
>

> Indeed, what OSX provides works great. I never bothered installing the
> software for my Canon Powershot A80, and I'm quite happy with the
> built-in tools. I recently found that Image Capture will pull video
> clips from the camera & iMovie is happy to import them (it takes a few
> minutes to convert them though).
>
> To the original poster, if the Nikon software is crashing your
> computer, you definitely *don't* need it. If iPhoto or Image Capture
> doesn't do what you want, the card reader suggestion is your best bet.
>
> --
> Larry Kollar    k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
> "The hardest part of all this is the part that requires thinking."
> -- Paul Tyson, on xml-doc

As a person who repairs Nikon, Fuji, Olympus, et. al. digital cameras, I
can tell you that none of the major brands have very good software, even
for windows.  Pentax digitals ship with ACDSee and it is very slow on
the Mac, good on Windows.  But for me iPhoto works with any and all
digitals that I work on.  Even some very inexpensive off brand jobs,
they just need to us a DCIM folder and iPhoto finds it.

Robert

--
{\rtf1\mac\ansicpg10000\cocoartf102
{\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset77 Helvetica;}

\f0\fs24 \cf0 Robert Newman\
Webmaster Baptist Temple Church\
http://www.baptistemple.org}