[iBook] Airport Card Vanished

William Carr jkirk3279 at beanstalk.net
Sat Dec 25 20:57:47 PST 2004

Hi.

On my Mother's OS 9 Blueberry iBook, there are two problems.

First, the battery is apparently not charging.   I reset the Power
Manager and swapped batteries.  Time will tell, maybe the power supply
is getting old and not charging.

The alternative would be the charging circuits inside the iBook.

If necessary I'll see about getting a new power supply or trying to
score one of those external chargers.

The immediate problem, however, is that after resetting the Power
Manager and zapping the PRAM, the Airport software says there's no
Airport card installed.

So, I'm worried.

I'll take the card out, zap the PRAM again, and re-install.

I was just wondering if anyone could chime in on these problems.

Jkirk