batty over netscape

Don Hinkle donhinkle at mac.com
Fri Feb 13 09:51:44 PST 2004

Of all the weird things that have happened to me with Netscape, this is
probly the weirdest.
I'm moving my wife's "stuff" from the flatpanel iMac to a 12" iBook,
running 10.2.8.
Her Mail files moved over fine (via Ethernet). First I did a search for
"Mail", then located the appropriate files and moved them to the right
locations on the ibook. Result: Mail opens with all her old mails
intact.

Netscape I followed the same procedure, including hunting out
"Mozilla", and again, transferred all files into appropriate areas.
Then I had to in Profiles, set up an account with the same name, then I
replaced that account's empty files with the Full files from her iMac.
Should work fine, eh? (It used to in OS 9.x when I dragged stuff into a
Wallstreet PB.)

HOWEVER, booting Netscape 7.1 on the iBook does not produce a
successful result. Instead, the mail files are totally blank. I look at
the window holding Mozilla/Profiles/whmr8hen.sit/DATA and all the data
seems to be there, 116MB of it. But it won't open in Netscape.

I've run dry of ideas and I admit I need help.
Please.
thanks,

-don hinkle