Thumbnails in Preview

Bill Raffensperger raffy at macsrule.com
Thu Feb 19 18:30:56 PST 2004

Here's a weird one. I have found sometimes the thumbnail  in the drawer
in Preview has a slightly different picture than the jpeg in the main
window. I am using Preview 2.1.0 (v210) on an iBook 600, with Mac OS X
10.3.2. Under Images in the Preview Preferences, I have selected:
Default image scale - Actual Size and I have checked Respect image DPI
for "Actual Size".  The thumbnail is the jpeg before it was cropped and
resized. Under Preview Preferences - General, if the thumbnail size
slider is pushed over to max and released, the glitch disappears and
the thumbnail matches the window image. It's like the jpeg file
contains some history, and the Preview action that creates the
thumbnail somehow reads the old information. It only seems to happen
with images that came from a PC, not Mac images. Anyone else seen this?