[P1] clamshell battery problems

Marc van Gemert listz at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 26 23:12:54 PST 2004

Well it beats me.
Yesterday I got hold of an older blueberry clamshell.
I switched batteries, tried charging his battery in mine, with my
adapter, and it charged..
Tried charging my battery in his clamshell with my adapter, and it
charged...
I was able to boot my clamshell w/o an adapter, since my battery was
partly charged of course. But when the iBook is booted it only charges
when the screen is closed, when it's either working or gone asleep by
itself it doesn't charge....

I noticed on the net that there's an app called Power Manager 2 with
which you're supposedly able to enable or disable charging with the
screen open, I can only find version 1, but this app doesn't have that
function. Anyone?

So it beats me. Battery is fine, adapter is fine and power manager is
fine. I downloaded Xbattery to check the battery and saw some
fluctuations in the Voltage, but I could see it either 'trickling'
(adapter) or discharging (no adapter). It read charging right after
opening the lid. So everything is working as it should.

So far now I'm out of options. My main sysop, to which the blueberry
clamshell belongs, suggested that I use his battery and adapter for a
few weeks to see how it works; and he gets my parts to test them (uhm no
insinuations please ;-) )

*
*