Networking, step by step

Seeker bobgir at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 27 06:28:29 PST 2004

    I yesterday purchased a Graphite ABS and an Airport Card for my iBook.
This weekend I am going to purchase a non-wireless router from a friend who
has upgraded to something better.

    Even after almost ten years of poking around with Macs one (read "me")
can become quickly humbled when one delves into a totally new area.  For me
that's figuring out how to link my DSL cable modem, with the Graphite ABS,
then connect the iBook via an Airport card.

    I spent a great deal of time last night doing "network" searches at the
Apple site and elsewhere. I did find Adam Engst's new book on networking,
but that's 500+ pages and it sounds like _way_ more than I need.

    If list members know of any resources, books, sites, etc, where one
could find a step-by-step guide that would lead a newbie through the steps
necessary to achieve a linkup of the above-mentioned computers, I'd be
greatly beholden.

    Cheers and thanks,
    Bob

--
Murphy's Law of Combat:
#14.  The important things are always simple.
#15.  The simple things are always hard.
#16.  The easy way is always mined.