[P1] Movies from Stills

e.mkeene e.mkeene at wap.org
Thu Jan 1 03:33:25 PST 2004

> The recent thread about importing digitals into iMovie reawakened a few
> neurons and I remembered two ways to do this that don't require more
> software.
>
> Drag the jpegs into iPhoto and select them. Select the menu item
> File:Export and select Quicktime to make a movie from the selected
> stills. Set whatever options you prefer. The movie you create can be
> inserted into iMovie.

Maybe I'm missing something critical here but why not just import the
image directly into iMovie. I opened iMovie, selected import, navigated
to the picture file, selected the image I wanted and presto, it
imported directly to a clip space in iMovie. The image was a jpeg. I
assume most digital cameras today are using jpeg as their default
format. If the camera is using a proprietary format, it will probably
require reformatting to jpeg but then it should be a direct shot to
iMovie.

There are people who have money and people who are rich.
--Coco Chanel