[P1] Vinyl-records to MP3/CD

Gene Merritt bsirius at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 2 07:02:03 PST 2004

On Jan 2, 2004, at 6:50 AM, Parkblue wrote:

> A few of my precious old records (Morris Nanton and a 1957
> Rachmaninoff-recording are two gems that come to mind) are longing to
> be
> converted into digital format. How do I go about that? What equipment
> besides the obvious (record player, iBook (600)) do I need, and what
> do I
> have to watch out for?

I'm about to take the same plunge myself with both vinyl and cassettes.

Although I don't know all the cable requirements, here is a hardware
solution from Griffin.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powerwave/index.html

And here's HITSQUAD, a all-around music software, tutorial, everything
site:

http://www.hitsquad.com/

And this is their Mac music software site:

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/mac/

A while back I moved some of my cassettes onto my Mac using SOUND
STUDIO:

http://www.felttip.com/

Just some resources

Gene