Website development for amateurs?

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 4 07:58:17 PST 2004

I run a small business and am finally getting around to putting up a website
for it. Since I'm a writer, with few design skills and absolutely no HTML
ability, can someone suggest a simple do-it-yourself website design program?

As a .mac member, I downloaded Contribute 2 this morning, along with their
batch of free design templates. It will cost me, I think, $80 if I like the
trial version. I'll be trying that for the next day or two.

Anyone got any other suggestions? Or any opinions on the Contribute 2/design
templates offering from .mac?

Also, any hints on how I go about registering/buying my company's name for
the URL and finding a place to mount the site? I know Contribute says I can
mount it on my .mac website, but I'd prefer that it seem to be a standalone
URL without mac.com in the name.

Thanks in advance,
Brian