[P1] Logic board, estimates of probability of success of repair

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jan 9 01:07:21 PST 2004

On 1/9/04 8:06, "Paul Bernhardt" <pbern10 at xmission.com> wrote:

> My iBook is in the shop for evaluation to see if the problem is the logic
> board. What I want to hear is each of you who feels you know enough to
> offer a fair estimate of the probability that a repair of the logic board
> will be successful. I define successful as I should expect the computer
> to have a 'normal lifespan' without needing a repeat of that repair. I
> want this estimation so that I can decide whether I should pay for the
> repair or buy a new machine.

My G3 800 went out last week for repairs too. Shortly after I bought a new
G4 iBook, my G3 started emitting a burning smell from under the keyboard...
I don't know if it's the logic board, but fortunately I've got an AppleCare
contract. I'll be curious to see if it is indeed the logic board, though, to
know about it's chances for a longer life.

Kirk

            My Latest Book: Mastering Mac OS X: Panther Edition
                  http://www.mcelhearn.com/panther.html
  . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
  . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .