[P1] Logic board, estimates of probability of success of repair

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 9 13:56:57 PST 2004

On 1/9/04 3:44 PM, "Pam Sorooshian" <pamsoroosh at earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2004, at 1:33 PM, Brian Olesky wrote:
>
>> No, of course not. I've had my iBook since mid-2001 (12", 600), I
>> probably
>> use it 6 to 8 hours a day, less on weekends, and I've never had a bit
>> of
>> trouble.
>
> Brian - do you carry it around a lot? If so, how do you carry it? In
> what kind of case or bag? Do you use it mostly on your lap or on a
> table? Do you open and close it frequently? Do you hand it around to
> other people to look at? Do you use it while traveling on a bus, train,
> car or airplane?

I travel by plane with it 6 - 8 times a year, and take it out of the office
for client meetings two or three times a month. Usually I just put it in my
briefcase, where it fits pretty snugly. When I use it, it's maybe 75% on a
desk, 25% on my lap.

But one thing that may be relevant is that I almost never close the lid,
except to travel, or the few times I put it in my briefcase. The rest of the
time, it just sits on my desk and when I'm done working, I just walk away
from it, letting it go to sleep with the lid open.

Based on what I've been reading on the list, the fact that I've left the lid
open 95% of the time may be one reason I've never had those "cable thru the
hinge" problems.

Hope this helps,
Brian