[P1] Mouse drivers [slightly offtopic]

J.C. Webber III jcw at kingoblio.com
Sat Jan 10 12:04:08 PST 2004

Harry D . Corsover wrote:
> On Jan 8, 2004, at 7:15 AM, david wrote:
> Now, if I could only find a reasonably priced Bluetooth version of a
> multi-button scroll-wheel mouse (for my 15" AlBook) I'd be a very happy
> camper!
>
> Harry Corsover

I've been a very happy camper with the Kensington Wireless Mouse.  One
of the things I like most about it is that you can take the 'receiver'
(that part that plugs into the usb port and receives the mouse's
signals) and tuck it away into a carrying compartment *inside* the mouse
itself!  And when it's stored that way it turns off the mouse, saving
the battery life.  This makes it perfect for carrying around in my
backpack with my iBook.  It's just your basic normal size, two button,
scroll wheel mouse (scroll wheel acts as the third, middle mouse button
(great for sending hyperlinks into tabs in Sarari)).

It's not what I'd call 'inexpensive' though.  I think it cost me
in the neighborhood of $50, but I've had it for well over a year,
throwing it into my backpack on a daily basis and it's worked great.

--
J.C. Webber III
Technical Lead, Unix System Administrator