[P1] sbc yahoo dsl

Linda van Thiel lvt at mac.com
Tue Jan 13 16:47:53 PST 2004

> What is the price after the special runs out and how
> long do you get that low price?
> I have SBC pacbell and my low price went away after a
> year. now paying 49.95.  But I think it is worth it.
> Of course we are getting almost 1 mb speed while
> paying for low speed hookup.
yes, the $27 is for the first year and then the cost is supposed to go
up to $50, but my friend insists that he simply calls them up and
convinces them that he should get the low rate again if he reups for a
year. He says he has been doing it for three years now and only pays
$27 a month.  maybe you should make a phone call?  But in any case a
year of $27 and then to $50 is better than a year of $50 and then $50
(ok you get a cheap 3 months at $19 with earthlink).

> Note that I only really use it for connectivity, I dont use their web
> stuff
> and it's not my primary email account..... As far as speed goes, I've
> never had
> trouble getting the guaranteed 1.5mb downloads from places that can
> serve it
> up that fast, and 128kb up.
I was hoping I would  not have to use their browser and other crap.
Does Safari work ok?  I would probably use the email, though a give my
.mac addy out cause it is so easy to remember and I have my .edu
account also.  i don't think I'd have upload/download problems either.

thanks both of you for the info
Linda SE MI