[P1] sbc yahoo dsl

aussieblnd aussieblnd at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 13 16:52:51 PST 2004

Never had a problem with SBC in Los Angeles, have uploaded, downloaded and
transfered files of up too 5 gig from my home DSL. But mines fast and you
pay by speed.  Some of the lower cost's are time limited read the fine print
it maybe  $27 for 3-6-12 months then they up your price!
My friend has Earthlink and it's nowhere near as fast nor as stable, ditto
for Verizon.
Our company has SBC for half the company locations and they always are up
and running never a problem the other half of the company has Verizon which
is down or having problems half the time. Another company I do computer work
for has Earthlink DSL and the service is as bad as Verizon.  Problems with
earthlink are gonna be everytime your DSL goes down they will blame the
phone company and the phone company will blame Earthlink. Another friend had
that problem before switching to SBC at my urging.  When in doubt stick with
the phone provider if they offer DSL since they can blame no one else for a
problem. SBC will also be easier to Network.

a fast connection. Earthlink dsl is $50 per month (now paying $23?
> > for dial-up).  I heard about SBC (aka ameritech/ ma bell) which is my
current phone service, from someone at work.  DSL with them and Yahoo
> > is only $27 per month - just a hair over what I am payiing for my slow
modem connection. Plus you get a $99 rebate which for the first year
> > brings it down to $18 per month.  For that low price I could even afford
to run both for a month to get everything switched over.

> > Anyone have any experience with this?
> >
> > Linda (glad to have a .mac account now)
> > SE MI

---