Mail freeze

Don Hinkle donhinkle at mac.com
Thu Jan 15 12:36:05 PST 2004

Every couple of times when I start to use Mail, having left it booted
up while I do other things (I have a dial-up account, so I'm not
continually online), and go to get mail, it gets stuck in a "Checking
connections" thing, with the little gear turning and turning, so I have
to Force Quit.
This hadn't happened until the last couple weeks. I'm facing having to
Quit it almost every time I use it to stop this from happening.
I've done fsck and Disk Warrior. Any more ideas how to fix it?
thanks,
-don