[P1] iBook Battery not charging

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Tue Jan 20 08:21:37 PST 2004

> I have a blueberry ibook that I've had for a long time.  Just before
> going on vacation for Christmas, I loaded Panther onto it (It was
> running 10.2), and brought it along.  Ever since, it refuses to
> re-charge the battery.  I replaced the battery with a new one, I've
> reset the power manager, the pram, and everything in between, all with
> no affects.  I suspect that it could be a bad charger board???  Anyone
> with some pearls of wisdom?

Hmmmm...you might try physically removing the battery and reinserting
it, just to make sure it's set properly.

But if it's an old battery that's given you lots of use, there's always
the possibility that it's just at the end of its' useful life; this
happened with my old Tangerine iBook after three or four years.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net