[P1] Question....

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 22 03:47:28 PST 2004

On Jan 21, 2004, at 8:59 PM, patdart wrote:

>> When using a notebook computer running from fixed line power over
>> extended periods, it is advisable to remove the battery and store it
>> in a cool place.
>
> Since I leave mine in most of the time, does this apply to me?  I
> don't use the battery a lot...but some.

If you do remove the battery, your Powerbook then works like a desktop
and a power failure will cause it to go poof and you will lose all
unsaved data and suffer whatever consequences there may be. So, buy a
UPS (universal power supply) to protect your Powerbook from this and
also use the surge protection.

---
<http://www.billionairesforbush.com/index.html>